Thursday, July 3, 2008

Life is Good

This is a non cycling entry, but I suppose you could relate the deeper issues I'm going to talk about to cycling.
A colleague once told me to stop what I was doing every once in a while and look around and think about where I was, and what I was doing. She told me this regarding some of the cool places I've been for work.

So a couple days ago, I did just that. It wasn't an out of the ordinary day and we weren't in an exotic location, but we were doing something we don't usually get to do. We were in the company helicopter which in and of itself is nothing unusual, but we were able to, based on our destination, fly along the Lake Michigan shoreline. It was a beautiful day with hardly a cloud in the sky and there I was flying along a few hundred feet above the shoreline of Lake Michigan. Wow, not many people get to do that for a living, or at least part of their living. Pilot Todd, said on the way back, "I forgot to download the Magnum PI ring tone to my phone." It made me laugh because I was thinking at that moment it felt just like we were in the opening sequence of Magnum PI, except we weren't over the ocean and we were in Sheboygan WI instead of Hawaii, but in the words of another colleague, " it didn't suck"

I guess we should do the same thing occasionally on a good ride too. We should really appreciate what we have and how good life is most of the time, even if once in a while we have to navigate a few bumps in the road.

That's all for now, I've got to go mow the lawn now, and that definitely does suck.

Enjoy the video, you'll have to hum the Magnum theme to yourself, I don't have time to find it.
Bikesafer
Jeff

No comments: