Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snownami

My snow rides are the only thing that make the snowstorms and everything that goes with them bearable.





Unfortunately, with a big snow like this one, I have to dig out from the wave of snow after I ride in it. The ratio doesn't work in my favor when we get slammed like this, so for the next snow I'd like to order 3-6 inches instead of 14 or whatever we got. I don't like the big storm ratio, ride for an hour shovel for 2:15.

The ride last night was good but there were some idiot drivers out. A few blared the horns as they passed me, in the other direction. I could almost understand them doing it if they had to wait to pass me, but these people were not the least bit inconvenienced by me. Maybe they are like the guy who waited at the stop sign at the top of the hill just to ask me if I was nuts, and then have to make a dangerous pass to get around me. If I don't get in your way at all what difference is it to you if I ride my bike in the snow?




But that didn't take away from the enjoyment of my ride. I don't know what it is about the snow, but it usually just makes me laugh and smile at the idiots. The snow on the parkways was great, again, but the snow at the plow end of my driveway was 4-5 feet high. That's a lot of shoveling. I guess I'll just call it cross training. The weather guessers tell me I've got more cross training coming up this weekend.

4 comments:

Mad Trix said...

What gear are you runnin this winter? Winter riding is dope as hell.

Jeff said...

Gear on the bike or gear on the rider. Most of the general info is in the previous post. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for stopping by. See ya in the snow.

Mad Trix said...

Gear ratio. I've been on 42x18. seems pretty good except for nice dry pave. Stay safe.

Jeff said...

Duh, sorry for sounding like a dope, being totally new to the single speed thing, that's the second time I've misunderstood that question.
45X18 which works great except uphill into the wind on a few inches of wet snow. Other than that it's perfect a winter gear.