Saturday, February 6, 2010

If You See This Guy...



Do your best to stay out of this guy's way. His license number is 658304. It's pretty scary to think that we are sharing the road with this guy. Listen to the video and you'll understand.

658304 from Bikesafer on Vimeo.



Whether he will actually follow through on his threats I don't know. At least now if he does there is this evidence that he threatened bodily harm to cyclists who get in his way.
I'd love to get the authorities involved since he admitted on video that he was threatening to use his truck as a weapon, but given my recent experiences, I don't think that will happen.

5 comments:

fred_dot_u said...

I'm sorry to say that I agree with you, on both counts. The authorities should be notified of this driver's danger to other road users. I agree also that it's unlikely to be of much use, as too many authorities lack a proper understanding of safe cycling practices.

Your experiences only underline this problem. I suppose having the video is your only "back-up" should something untoward happen in the future.

I did not have a verbal encounter with a driver but he passed with only inches of clearance. I provided a copy of the video to his supervisor, but heard nothing back, which was pretty much what I expected. Commercial drivers with company names and numbers on the side of the vehicle should be more aware of the risks involved in poor driving practices.

"Civilian" drivers have more anonymity, but the license plate reduces some of that.

Dave said...

I'm not getting the audio for some reason. what did he say?

I still say to take it to the cops, even if nothing happens. If it's as bad as you imply -- threatening use of the vehicle as a weapon -- it should be turned in, period.

Alex said...

Ugh, another maniac driver on the roads.

8dot3 said...

Wow. He was unhealthily angry.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Meatloaf?