Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Big One?

In some NASCAR races they talk about the "big one", referring to a really bad crash.  I'm afraid at some point I will end up witnessing a big one because of drivers who are either really impatient or don't understand the concept of lanes and when and how to pass.
Yesterday and today I had people who gave me plenty of room when they passed but since they passed directly into oncoming traffic they almost caused the big one.


In the pass that the  Lexus (License 432MJM)  made, you can see in the rear facing camera that the car in the oncoming lane was almost off the road when the Lexus moved into that lane.

Then the bonus was Chevy pick up truck parked IN the road, blocking the entire lane of a two lane road at the base of a hill at the end of a curve.  It was still parked there an hour later so I called the police and hopefully they either ticketed or towed this truck or both.

I'm running out of things to say about the people who drive like this, but maybe I'll give the police a call about the Lexus, as it was a pretty egregious pass.
Bikesafer
Jeff

No comments: